Principal Systems Engineer - Integration
Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking Principal Systems Engineers for multiple positions to support Department of Defense Analytic Modernization efforts. You will be a vital player on the AMALGAM team to provide technical experience, innovative approaches, communication skills, responsiveness, and integrity in developing software solutions.
Why Join Bridges?
- We have a small company feel with big company opportunities.
- We solve the Nation’s most difficult intelligence challenges by delivering trusted cyber security and shaping big data into confident decisions.
- In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes Bridges an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
- Our employees are like family. We focus on maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage.
- We take care of our family with benefits and compensation packages worth bragging about.
- We believe in developing our people, so we pay for your certifications in addition to an annual training stipend. We have a training initiative for ongoing Azure and AWS certifications, and we develop individual, custom training plans.
- Most important, we have fun!
- ***ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE***
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in systems, hardware and software engineering performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/ non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis. Shall have ten (10) years of experience out of the most recent 13 years as a systems engineering lead, software engineering lead or top level contributor on mission critical 24 by 7 production systems in one or a combination of the following areas:
- Voice or video processing systems requiring ingest of multiple audio and video formats, playback to end users, storage, and retrieval
- Transcription systems requiring input, synchronization and linkage with original content, storage and retrieval
- Field deployable voice processing systems including data capture of multiple audio formats playback, ingest, storage and retrieval
- Average ingest storage, content search and retrieval of 500GB/day or more of multilingual text
- Distributed Peer to Peer content storage and retrieval systems with more than 500 nodes
- Metadata indexing, metadata summarization, content and metadata data mining, visualization and analytics
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule, seven (7) years of which shall have been on NSA projects
- Experience in developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations
- Seven (7) years of experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, security architectures
- Seven (7) years of experience with system architectures in a service oriented environment
- Seven (7) years of experience using agile or spiral development models
- Fifteen (15) years of experience developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI level 2 or NSA Way process structure
- Five (5) years of experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework
- Seven (7) years of experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS and GOTS products
- Experience developing and deploying storage within clustered or cloud environments
- A minimum six (6 ) years demonstrated experience out of the most recent 8 years performing system engineering as a system engineering lead or as a top contributor for production software for one of the following environments: Windows .NET, or, Solaris, or Linux OS
- Ten (10) years of experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale system/programs
- Ten (10) years of experience in evaluating project needs, determining tasks and durations, allocating resources, generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule, on NSA projects
Follow this link for details on our platinum plans https://www.bridges-inc.com/careers/rewards/