Senior Systems Administrator/Trainer
Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support Department of Defense Analytic Modernization efforts. You will be a vital player on the broader AMBER team to provide technical experience, innovative approaches, communication skills, priority management, and integrity in developing systems solutions.
Why Join Bridges?
- We have a small company feel with big company opportunities.
- We solve the Nation’s most difficult intelligence challenges by delivering trusted cyber security and shaping big data into confident decisions.
- In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes Bridges an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
- Our employees are like family. We focus on maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage.
- We take care of our family with benefits and compensation packages worth bragging about.
- We believe in developing our people, so we pay for your certifications in addition to an annual training stipend. We have a training initiative for ongoing Azure and AWS certifications, and we develop individual, custom training plans.
- Most important, we have fun!
- Monitoring and initial troubleshooting of Linux based systems
- With the team, performing the basic day-to-day 24/7 system administration tasks, implementing NiFi software releases, performing system upgrades, evaluating and installing patches, and resolving software-related problems associated with Linux
- General troubleshooting on the client’s systems, maintaining data files, and monitoring system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Managing and administering site training coordination including: schedule training for internal and external classes, mange the site of point of contact, support team with training documentation (write, revise and implement the documents), develop training plans and job aids as needed as, and teach the NiFi software.
- ***ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE***
- At least nine (9) years of Systems Administration administering user accounts, performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, performing backups, configuration management, and general system maintenance
- Experience leading teams of administrators and interfacing with user communities and technical customers
- At least 5 years of experience with cross platform system administration (Linux, Solaris, Windows)
- Understanding of fundamental networking and distributed computing environment concepts, Microsoft Windows and Linux desktop systems, performance tuning and capacity planning of servers (hardware and software levels)
- Ability to write VBScript/Perl/Shell scripts
- Experience using NIS or Active Directory for cross platform management
- Experience with server virtualization
- Experience managing power, space, and cooling issues
- Experience with NiFi functionality
- Experience with Weblogic 10.0 or later
- Familiarity with the installation and configuration in a FOSS/COTS/GOTS environment
- Understanding of how C/C++, DBMS and Perl work together
- Understanding of analytical needs and requirement
Follow this link for details on our platinum plans https://www.bridges-inc.com/careers/rewards/