Senior Systems Engineer - Integration
Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking experienced Senior Systems Engineers for multiple positions to support Department of Defense Analytic Modernization efforts. You will be a vital player on the AMALGAM team to lead systems development. We will count on you for technical leadership, innovative approaches, communication skills, priority management, and integrity in delivering solutions.
Why Join Bridges?
- We have a small company feel with big company opportunities.
- We solve the Nation’s most difficult intelligence challenges by delivering trusted cyber security and shaping big data into confident decisions.
- In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes Bridges an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
- Our employees are like family. We focus on maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage.
- We take care of our family with benefits and compensation packages worth bragging about.
- We believe in developing our people, so we pay for your certifications in addition to an annual training stipend. We have a training initiative for ongoing Azure and AWS certifications, and we develop individual, custom training plans.
- Most important, we have fun!
- Provide technical support and system engineering for a integrating and transitioning systems to cloud environments
- Support the definition of high-level data management products to support data management functions
- Collaborate with the team and external teams to perform capabilities/requirements definition, architecture and design, technology assessments and support risk reduction pilots
- ***ACTIVE TS/SCI w/ POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE***
- Twelve (12) years of experience as a Systems Engineer performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/nontechnical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis. Seven (7) years of experience shall have occurred within the past ten (10) years.
- Three (3) years of experience in the SIGINT
- Education: A Bachelor's Degree in a technical field is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience. A Master’s Degree in a technical field will be considered equivalent to six (6) years of experience. NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.
Desired Additional Experience (for preferential consideration):
- Experience in developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations.
- Five (5) years of experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Five (5) years of experience integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Seven (7) years of experience leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule, four (4) years of which shall have been on agency projects.
- Five (5) years of experience with systems architectures in a service oriented environment with a preference of three (3) years of experience in an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) environment.
- Five (5) years of experience using agile and/or spiral development models.
- Seven (7) years of experience developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 or agency process structure.
- Five (5) years of experience in developing systems performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirement for mid-to-large scale programs.
- Five (5) years of experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Five (5) years of experience developing solutions that integrate and extend COTS products.
- Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
- Experience implementing storage area networks, data warehouses and data marts.
- Experience designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
- Two (2) years of experience developing and deploying storage within clustered or cloud environments.
- Experience evaluating project needs, determining tasks and durations and allocating resources.
- Experience implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Five (5) years of experience developing solutions certified and accredited at a Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/3 PL3 plus Annex E with Integrity Level of Concern (ILOC) Medium and Availability Level of Concern (ALOC) Medium.
- Experience optimizing distributed, high throughput text and multimedia storage systems; sustainment, modernization and migration of legacy storage systems to modern storage systems; e.g., Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) solutions; semantically-enriched storage solutions implementing data labeling/data-tagging, Questions focused Datasets; Cloud computing, Target Knowledge Bases, Enterprise Knowledge Bases; data mining analytics.
- Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google’s BIG TABLE.
Follow this link for details on our platinum plans https://www.bridges-inc.com/careers/rewards/