Junior Cloud Software Engineer (Compute)
Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking Cloud Software Engineers for multiple positions to support Department of Defense Analytic Modernization efforts. You will be a vital player on the AMALGAM team to provide technical experience, innovative approaches, communication skills, responsiveness, and integrity in developing software solutions.
Why Join Bridges?
- We have a small company feel with big company opportunities.
- We solve the Nation’s most difficult intelligence challenges by delivering trusted cyber security and shaping big data into confident decisions.
- In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes Bridges an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
- Our employees are like family. We focus on maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage.
- We take care of our family with benefits and compensation packages worth bragging about.
- We believe in developing our people, so we pay for your certifications in addition to an annual training stipend. We have a training initiative for ongoing Azure and AWS certifications, and we develop individual, custom training plans.
- Most important, we have fun!
- Support the existing compute team for a large analytic cloud repository
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Use a variety of technologies depending on customer requirements. Minimally, the candidate should be skilled in Java. Additional knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Linux OS development and Python would benefit the candidate.
- ***ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE***
- At least 2 years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, and problem diagnosis/resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc.
- At least one (1) year of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++, etc.
- At least two (2) years of experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
Desired Additional Experience (for preferential consideration):
- Highly - A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical filed will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience. A Master’s Degree in a technical field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience. NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability (Amazon, Google, Facebook)
- Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification
- Demonstrated work experience in any of the following: Map Reduce programming model and technologies (such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc), Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Serialization (such as JSON and/or BSON), Restful service development, Windows or UNIX/Linux operating systems development, or requirements analysis and design of at least on Object Oriented system.
Follow this link for details on our platinum plans https://www.bridges-inc.com/careers/rewards/