Senior Systems Administrator
Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support Department of Defense Analytic Modernization efforts as part of a two-person Hardware/System Administration team. You will be a vital player on the broader AMALGAM team to provide technical experience, innovative approaches, communication skills, priority management, and integrity in developing systems solutions.
Why Join Bridges?
- We have a small company feel with big company opportunities.
- We solve the Nation’s most difficult intelligence challenges by delivering trusted cyber security and shaping big data into confident decisions.
- In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes Bridges an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
- Our employees are like family. We focus on maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage.
- We take care of our family with benefits and compensation packages worth bragging about.
- We believe in developing our people, so we pay for your certifications in addition to an annual training stipend. We have a training initiative for ongoing Azure and AWS certifications, and we develop individual, custom training plans.
- Most important, we have fun!
- Day-to-day operation of two large legacy Oracle/Solaris-based mission-critical systems including but not limited to the following:
- (1) monitor system health, (2) troubleshoot system problems, (3) maintain storage systems, (4) interface with external teams for hardware, network, and infrastructure support, (5) provide after-hours on-call/call-in support, (6) ensure system security requirements are satisfied, (7) participate in engineering discussions, (8) create/maintain system scripts, (9) patch/upgrade system, (10) administer user accounts, (11) maintain hardware inventory, and (12) obtain quotes for service contracts.
- ***ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE***
- Seven (7) years of Systems Administration experience with the combined specific network operating system, hardware, and software experience
- Experience with hardware and software configurations including HP Blade Servers, CISCO 6500 series switches, Enterprise Class Storage large clustered file system, Oracle clustered file system, Quick File System, WINDOWS O/S and New Technology File System. COTS applications include Oracle, HPOpenView, BASIS, Mnemonic software and GOTS applications written in C, C++, JAVA and Shell Scripts.
Desired Additional Experience (for preferential consideration):
- Highly – a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience. NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of administrators and interfacing with user communities and technical customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
- Meet one of the following two skill sets: 1) Programming skills in C, Perl or Bourne Shell along with experience providing system administration of a database-centric system and knowledge of RDBMS, SQL Server and database security features; or 2) Experience administering Solaris, UNIX, LINUX systems, or Windows 2000/2003 Servers, SQL Server 2000/2005 RDBMS and Dell/HP hardware is required. Experience with SURVIVOR hardware and software configurations.
- Five (5) years of experience (combined) with Unix, Linux and Windows
- Experience in resolving complex situations for operational mission critical systems
- Experience with Oracle/Sun enterprise class hardware
- Experience with Oracle/Solaris 10
- Experience with COMMONVIEW monitoring tool
- Experience with network activities including TCP/IP, DNS, and troubleshooting
- Experience with the customer’s power/space/cooling process
- Experience with system security including system hardening, IAVA patch insulation, and system scanning
- Experience with setup and maintenance of Fiber channel/storage area networks (SAN)
- Work schedule from 7am to 3pm (some ability to flex when pre-coordinated)
Follow this link for details on our platinum plans https://www.bridges-inc.com/careers/rewards/