Cloud Software Engineer
Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking Cloud Software Engineers for multiple positions at multiple levels to support Department of Defense Analytic Modernization efforts. You will be a vital player on the AMALGAM team to provide technical experience, innovative approaches, communication skills, responsiveness, and integrity in developing software solutions.
Why Join Bridges?
- We have a small company feel with big company opportunities.
- We solve the Nation’s most difficult intelligence challenges by delivering trusted cyber security and shaping big data into confident decisions.
- In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes Bridges an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
- Our employees are like family. We focus on maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage.
- We take care of our family with benefits and compensation packages worth bragging about.
- We believe in developing our people, so we pay for your certifications in addition to an annual training stipend. We have a training initiative for ongoing Azure and AWS certifications, and we develop individual, custom training plans.
- Most important, we have fun!
- Apply your Hadoop experience to augment the existing compute team for a large analytic cloud repository.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- ***ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE***
- At least three (3) years of experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, VISTA) or UNIX/Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems
- At least five (5) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
- At least four (4) years of experience developing software with high-level languages such as Java, C, C++
- Demonstrated experience working with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
- Demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Demonstrated work experience with serialization such as JSON and/or BSON
- Demonstrated work experience developing Restful services
- Demonstrated work experience in the requirements analysis and design of at least one Object Oriented system
- Demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products
- At least three (3) years of experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of a software development project
- Demonstrated experience (work or college level courses) in at least two (2) of the following desired characteristics: experience deploying applications in a cloud environment; understanding of big-data cloud scalability (Amazon, Google, Facebook); Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification; experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms; experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts)
Desired Additional Experience (for preferential consideration):
- Highly - A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical filed will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience. A Master’s Degree in a technical field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience. NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover and exploit social networks.
- Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
Follow this link for details on our platinum plans https://www.bridges-inc.com/careers/rewards/