Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking Mid-Level Cloud Administrators for multiple positions to support Department of Defense Analytic Modernization efforts. You will be a vital player on the AMALGAM team to provide technical experience, innovative approaches, communication skills, responsiveness, and integrity in developing systems solutions.
Why Join Bridges?
- We have a small company feel with big company opportunities.
- We solve the Nation’s most difficult intelligence challenges by delivering trusted cyber security and shaping big data into confident decisions.
- In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes Bridges an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
- Our employees are like family. We focus on maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage.
- We take care of our family with benefits and compensation packages worth bragging about.
- We believe in developing our people, so we pay for your certifications in addition to an annual training stipend. We have a training initiative for ongoing Azure and AWS certifications, and we develop individual, custom training plans.
- Most important, we have fun!
- Augment the existing Operations team for a large analytic cloud repository
- Apply your experience as a system administrator for large Hadoop and Accumulo based clusters
- Apply your strong background in troubleshooting operational system issues as they arise.
- ***ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE***
- At least two (2) years of experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>200 nodes)
- At least two (2) years of experience in the implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and then designing and implementing performance improvements
- At least two (2) years of experience implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms
- At least two (2) years of experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation
- Demonstrated the ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
- Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification (or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification - we will accept six (6) months experience administering or implementing Cloud technology as substitution for certification)
Desired Additional Experience (for preferential consideration):
- High - Demonstrated work experience with Hadoop Cloud technology
- High - Experience with Bash, Python, and configuration management tools (i.e. Puppet, Chef)
- High - Experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements
- High - Strong LINUX command line level skills
- Demonstrated work experience interfacing with hardware teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation
- Technical experience and knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed storage networks, peer-to-peer routing and application messaging frameworks
- Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required for a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment
Follow this link for details on our platinum plans https://www.bridges-inc.com/careers/rewards/