Junior Software Engineer
Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking entry-level Software Engineers for multiple positions to support Department of Defense Analytic Modernization efforts. You will be a vital player on the AMBER team to provide software support. We will count on you for technical understanding, innovative approaches, communication skills, responsiveness, and integrity in developing software solutions.
Why Join Bridges?
- We have a small company feel with big company opportunities.
- We solve the Nation’s most difficult intelligence challenges by delivering trusted cyber security and shaping big data into confident decisions.
- In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes Bridges an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
- Our employees are like family. We focus on maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage.
- We take care of our family with benefits and compensation packages worth bragging about.
- We believe in developing our people, so we pay for your certifications in addition to an annual training stipend. We have a training initiative for ongoing Azure and AWS certifications, and we develop individual, custom training plans.
- Most important, we have fun!
- Development of user interface and/or backend code supporting a suite of tools for Data Lifecycle Management Services (DLMS).
- Development of web-based UIs, RESTful interfaces to various external services, test harnesses, and system metrics presentation.
- Use Java in an OSGi framework (Apache Karaf), MongoDB, a variety of development tools such as Maven and Bamboo, and the Angular UI framework.
- Migrate parts of the application to vue.js from Angular and to Apache Tomcat and to Spring from OSGI.
- ***ACTIVE TS/SCI w/ POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE***
- 0 - 2 years' experience in the development, engineering, interfacing, integration of hardware and software systems to include an understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, concepts of operation, interface standards, and system architectures
- Basic understanding of Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies and languages
- Developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations
- Either front end or backend web application development
- Java / Maven / Junit
- IntelliJ / Eclipse or other mainstream IDE
- Linux / VMs
Desired Additional Experience (for preferential consideration):
- MongoDB or Elasticsearch
- REST / Jersey / JSON
- OSGI Apache Karaf or Apache Tomcat or Spring
Follow this link for details on our platinum plans https://www.bridges-inc.com/careers/rewards/