Principal Software Engineer
Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking Principal Software Engineers for multiple positions to support Department of Defense Analytic Modernization efforts. You will be a vital player on the AMBER team to lead software development. We will count on you for technical leadership, innovative approaches, communication skills, priority management, and integrity in developing software solutions.
Why Join Bridges?
- We have a small company feel with big company opportunities.
- We solve the Nation’s most difficult intelligence challenges by delivering trusted cyber security and shaping big data into confident decisions.
- In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes Bridges an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
- Our employees are like family. We focus on maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage.
- We take care of our family with benefits and compensation packages worth bragging about.
- We believe in developing our people, so we pay for your certifications in addition to an annual training stipend. We have a training initiative for ongoing Azure and AWS certifications, and we develop individual, custom training plans.
- Most important, we have fun!
- Lead the development, in an agile environment, of prototypes and define software solutions to support a data tracking and metrics solution.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with systems engineers and developers across projects to support the planning, design, development, and utilization of a final product recommendation.
- Collaborate with the team to evolve requirements, identify, define, develop prototypes and support the creation and presentation of design documents and product demonstrations.
- Evaluate, integrate, and test COTS and GOTS products and provide Analysis of Alternatives as part of the design process for the data tracking and metrics solution.
- Manage development activities, to include Sprint planning, schedules, Jira ticket management, tasking of the team’s developers, and ensuring software standards and best practices.
- ***ACTIVE TS/SCI w/ POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE***
- Fifteen (15) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Key Skills: Java, Database Experience, ElasticSearch, XML/JSON, SIGINT Enterprise, Experience with using automated test frameworks such as JUNIT.
- Must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least eight (8) years developing software using the Java programming language.
- At least six (6) years of this experience, must be within the last eight (8) years.
- At least six (6) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3--5) operating systems.
- At least two (2) years of this experience, must be within the last four (4) years.
- Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
- Familiarity with the software development process described in the MIL-STD498, JSTD-0 16, and/or US 12207 and possess at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards.
- At least six (6) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure.
- Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns; Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services.
- Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services.
- Experience in development within the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE); Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of Hadoop and Map Reduce frameworks.
Follow this link for details on our platinum plans https://www.bridges-inc.com/careers/rewards/