Junior Software Engineer
**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
This position will require the candidate work as a software developer, software integrator, and data analyst as part of a team that applies disciplined processes, techniques, and tools to transform a software design into functional software. The position also supports problem resolution and analysis of schema-based data validation flows.
Specific duties include:
• Performing software development, integration, test, and analysis support to deployed systems, and documentation to meet requirements.
• Developing and debugging web based user interfaces
• Developing software as necessary to integrate components to facilitate testing and development
• Valuing simple and readable code over clever, more difficult to maintain code.
• Adhering to accepted standards for development in a continuous integration environment, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code.
• Working with development, test & configuration management tools.
• Collaborating with customer development and test team organizations and personnel to plan and execute integrated activities.
• Expertise in Java and scripting languages such as Ruby
• Experience working in a team software development environment
• Understanding of schemas (XML, XSD)
• Proficiency in Linux (demonstrated in work experience)
• Knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, and commonly recognized good coding practices
• Familiarity with code development, test and configuration management tools such as JIRA, Hudson/Jenkins, Git or SVN
• Experience writing and updating software development-related documentation in accordance with approved quality standards
• Experience with agile methodologies.
• Understanding of network and telecommunications protocols, data streaming, databases, and data servers