Utility Cloud IaaS & PaaS System Engineer
**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
In support of Utility Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Storage and DevOps, this SE3/4 position requires working with enterprise-level IaaS network and data storage environments to ensure compliance is achieved within the deliverable period of performance provided. The SE will interact with the customer regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations, and regarding associated problems, issues or conflicts and potential outages. The SE will communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and other stakeholders as necessary. The SE will prepare, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documentation to include systems configuration, architectural, testing, and user documentation. The SE may provide strategic guidance and engineering to successfully manage and align multiple projects and capabilities to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The SE will communicate status, issues, and roadblocks to the PMO on a recurring basis, and will facilitate the integration of new capabilities into the system-of-systems design for the program. The SE will also liaise and collaborate with stakeholders and users to analyze systems and operations performance metrics, reporting requirements, and exchange knowledge regarding current and proposed systems.
- Experience in DevOps.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with using tools, such as Puppet, Salt, Foreman, and other automated deployment capabilities.
- Experience with VMware.
- Experience in the areas IaaS, PaaS, user interface/user experience design, and systems integration
- Ability to perform technical research and document program requirements.
- Experience working with JIRA ticketing system and modifying to integrate with automated processes.
- Experience related to containerization.
- Automation utilizing Ansible.
- Software development best practices.
- Knowledge of DevOps processes.
- Ceph / Gluster (software defined storage solutions) experience.