Senior System Engineer
**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
• Work in an agile development processes implementing features as defined by user stories. 2 week Sprints/3 Month Spins
• Duties will include writing complex SQL queries.
• Working with customers to reconfigure the system to meet mission goals, and investigating problems that the Help Desk is unable to resolve.
• The entire operations team is required to work core hours and support occasional weekend and after hour’s deployment, upgrades and troubleshooting as needed due to the importance of the mission.
• Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
• 20 years of experience as a system engineer
• 10 – 15 years’ experience in planning, maintaining, and support production applications environments that are built on Linux, Windows, and SQL
• Customer support experience
• Experience in working within a team of engineers in the support of critical mission applications
• Review mission performance to ensure proper execution of the mission
• Establishing, clarifying, and maintaining mission objectives and priorities
• Track, coordinate, and adjudicate all issues affecting the success of the mission
• Work with the helpdesk personnel and developers to maintain the operational readiness of the systems
• Coordinate with system providers to ensure that service level agreements are meeting the need of the mission
• Solid documentation skills a must
• Experience with JIRA
• Experience with MongDB, Oracle
• Agile/Scrum methodology a plus