**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
This position provides Data Modeling and Mapping support to map legacy data formats. Specific duties include:
- Define and analyze data requirements, map legacy data stores and formats
- Analytical skills to perform primary research for protocols and technologies and apply them to the format mapping efforts.
- Ability to catch on quickly and be able to use this primary research to comprehend various technologies and apply this knowledge.
- Provide expertise in data harmonization and data modeling activities to support requirements and provide data modeling consulting to help Data Domain stakeholders develop new high quality data models and formats for exchange and storage in an agile fashion.
- Coordinate, meet, and hold Technical Peer Reviews with Subject Matter Authorities and Stakeholder communities to discuss and perform requirements and impact analysis to understand the data elements in their domains, relationships among those elements and interdependencies between models.
- Develop and maintain domain logical data model artifacts: Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), Physical Data Models (PDM), Interface Control Documents (ICD), data format specifications, model release documentation, user guides, data harmonization and mappings.
Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Extensive working knowledge and practical use of data modeling and mapping techniques.
- Working experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and XML technologies (XSDs and schemas, and XML generation), ontologies, and semantics.
- Great analytical and communication skills.