Senior Systems Engineer
**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
Open position on a Technical Governance team supporting enterprise systems engineering. In this capacity, the selected candidate will participate in a team that provides engineering and integration analysis, architecture, technology trade studies, requirements and systems analysis, and technical planning and support. Work required across the portfolio includes:
- Provide leadership and guidance, manage individual assigned tasks to schedule, and drive communication and engagement with stakeholders and the team of engineers.
- Provide systems engineering, technical analysis and guidance to support response to needs affecting tools/systems within their portfolio.
- Provide relevant mission and tool understanding to investigate and triage needs to discover and document potential impacts.
- Engage and collaborate with tool owners and development teams to analyze, investigate, discover and document technical assessments and responses related to needs affecting the portfolio.
- Work with customer to aid in discovery of service duplication and/or efficiencies across the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of stakeholders and manage politically charged environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts.
- Ability to work independently and in groups to complete tasks bounded by constraints.
- Ability to breakdown complex problem space, formulate technical strategies, build action plans, and track progress against established baselines to resolve technical challenges and meet customer expectations.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer’s overall mission areas.
- Rich/robust experience in basic systems engineering across a majority of systems engineering disciplines.
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, and engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Systems engineering experience from both technical and programmatic perspectives.
- Experience providing analysis of functional, system and non-functional requirements, data flows and dependencies.
- Familiar with the principles and concepts of Service Oriented Architectures including Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), data management, and containerization.
- Some experience in project management.