Information System Security Officer
**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
Qualification: Ten (10) years experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Experience is to include at least two (2) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
- Familiarity with NIST RMF lifecycle, from cradle to grave.
- Knowledge of CNSSI 1253
- Understand the need/importance of an SSP
- Understand what is included within an accreditation package
- Experience in the customer environment
- Understanding of entitlements, ECI's and COI's
- Moderate technical knowledge - e.g. understanding of networking, DNS, Cloud principles, VM's, Servers etc.
- Team player, individual contributor, strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal written communications skills.
- Other Skills:
- Plan and coordinate the IT security programs and policies
- Manage and control changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes
- Obtain C&A for ISs under their purview
- Provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program
- Serve as the Approval Authority for ISs under their control
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Propose, coordinate, implement and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program