Linux Deployment Engineer
**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
The candidate will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of client-assigned cloud-based systems. Manages systems’ infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. The candidate will provide support to systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/ storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides support of the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages LINUX operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. The candidate will provide problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of development, test, and production software environments through established ticketing system. The candidate will facilitate the deployment of web applications and services into the client's development and production environments
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Three (3) years of experience with Software architecture development, requirements analysis, code generation, process execution, evaluation, and selection.
- Experience drafting documentation, such as FAQs and internal knowledge articles.
- Demonstrates customer-service focus and responsiveness.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with DEVOPS and containerization management
- Experience with Vrealize automation or VMWare Horizon View or VMWare NSX
- Experience with Tower Ansible or other (i.e., Puppet or Chef or Salt)
- Experience in software development processes and using ticketing systems like JIRA or Redmine.