Senior System Engineer
**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
The candidate will work as a member of a team tasked to inventory and capture the components (e.g., Systems, Services, Functions, etc.) comprising the system under study including some or all of the following: requirements, involved logical and physical interfaces, relevant data flows, and anticipated systems behavior. The team will then use a Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) tool to generate appropriate system documentation (Interface Definitions, Functional Flow Block Diagrams, Physical Internal Block Diagrams, etc.). After review by program subject matter experts, the team will update MBSE-generated models as required. The team will then analyze the Solution MBSE-generated models, together with supporting technical documentation, to determine a most reasonable set of test scenarios and associated test cases sufficient for verification and validation of integrated capability threads.
- System-level experience with complex systems
- Experience with SE tools
- Be able to describe specific engineering products that the candidate has developed
- Have produced and interpreted Use Case Diagrams with specifications
- Understand be able to describe system architectures
- Experience with SME engagement (how to prepare, meeting objectives, questions to ask) to elicit information necessary for producing system models.
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering (may include behavioral analysis, system architecture, requirement traceability, performance analysis, simulation, value modeling, or testing)
- Demonstrated experience developing or assessing specifications, interface requirements, system design, analysis and tradeoff, thread engineering test plans and test scenarios.
- Demonstrated ability to scope a problem, determine required model fidelity, and criteria for success.
- Have used Model Based Systems Engineering to capture:
- function, behavior,
- structure, components, objects,
- information flow, interfaces, ports,
- interactions, scenarios
- Familiar with SysML (modeling syntax) and IDef (presentation symbology)
- Highly Desirable to have experience with one or more of the following tools: SAP Sybase PowerDesigner, IBM Rhapsody, Mathworks Simulink/MATLAB, MagicDraw, CORE, CAMEO, System Architect and Innoslate.
- Ability to review and analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, system architecture and requirements specifications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.
A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus fifteen (15) years of systems engineering experience OR a High School Diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of general system engineering experience OR a Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience OR a PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience.