Senior Data Modeler/Mapper
**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
Assists data architecture teams in developing physical, logical and conceptual data models that are crafted using a local model methodology. This methodology guides the creation of supporting UML class diagrams.
Specific duties include:
- Performing logical and physical data modeling. Skills needed include UML and relational theory.
- Develop and maintain artifacts, such as: Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), model release documentation, data mappings.
- Coordinate, meet, and hold Technical Peer Reviews with Subject Matter Experts and Stakeholder communities to discuss requirements and models developed.
- Define and analyze data requirements, map legacy data stores and formats to logical data model concepts.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), Spiral, etc.) simultaneously.
- Integrating data architectures into common microformats that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities.
Twenty (20) years’ experience in data or systems systems engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in technical field or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience to 18 years.
Five (5) years of experience developing CASE tools for model development to include either proprietary ones (ERWin, ERStudio, PowerDesigner) or FOSS ones (ArgoUML, DBDesigner, Umbrello).