Logical Data Modeler
**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
Assists organizations and data architecture teams in developing logical and conceptual data models that are crafted using a local model methodology. This methodology guides the creation of supporting UML class diagrams. These UML based models will be the source for mission physical models and associated exchange formats.
Specific duties include:
- Analyzing customer requirements in order to produce and maintain artifacts such as Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), model release documentation, and data mappings.
- Representing business and mission concepts, their definitions, properties, and relationships via modeling.
- Collaborating with data modelers within the organization and from other organizations to develop data models of common concern.
- Aligning domain models and mission models with each other and with enterprise models.
- Coordinating, meeting, and holding technical peer reviews with subject matter experts and stakeholders to discuss modeling requirements and perform model validation.
- Producing models to support the mapping of data in legacy data formats and data stores to modern formats and enterprise data stores.
Five (5) to Twenty (20) years’ experience in data or systems systems engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in technical field or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Two (2) to five (5) years of experience using CASE tools for model development to include either proprietary tools (ERWin, ERStudio, PowerDesigner) or FOSS tools (ArgoUML).
Must be wiling to learn new technologies