Senior Storage Engineer
**Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required**
• The Senior Data Storage Engineer is responsible for the technical planning, integration, verification and validation, and effectiveness for total systems.
• Identify incidents, diagnose and resolve problems, and assist with storage usage and features.
• Perform reliable, secure backup and recovery across the enterprise in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures.
• Manage multiple file storage clusters, enforcing quotas on storage limits where required. Create and manage multiple security groups to ensure least-privileged access to program data.
• Create and update documentation for backup procedures, solutions, licensing and applicable project artifacts.
• Perform weekly tape rotations to off-site facilities from multiple locations.
• Identify and manage support issues; coordinate communications between local groups and multiple vendor support staff to resolve complex issues.
• Provide technical expertise to junior personnel. Provide periodic, informal, on-site knowledge transfer, as needed, to other Storage Team members covering the management, normal operation, and maintenance of the backup infrastructure.
• After-Hours or call-in support is a possibility.
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience required. Additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree or additional 2 years with Associates degree..
• Strong understanding of Symantec NetBackup.
• Ability to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical details, approaches and findings.
• Working knowledge of all NAS/SAN protocols and how to implement.
• Experience working in a backup environment using NetBackup software supporting multiple operating systems.
• Experience performing data restores and troubleshooting failed backups.
• Experience with backup hardware including tape libraries, tape drives, and media management.
• Experience configuring and managing a fiber channel environment.
• Experience with disaster recovery planning and implementation strategies to best mitigate the impact on business operations.3
• Experience administering Windows 7, 10 and RHEL.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, often high-stress, environment.
• Must able to lift / carry 40+ pounds
• Experience with multiple storage devices including NetApp, Isilon, and Dell / Compellent.
• Experience with Quantum and Dell backup hardware.
• Experience with Cisco MDS fiber-channel switches.
• Experience with VMware and configuring backend storage for virtual machines.
• Experience with Cisco UCS and IBM Blade Chassis systems.